Tuesday 28 June 2011

Flowers for a Football Club?


Yesterday was a day filled with excitement. I was contacted by an old client from my Esher store to ask about an installation for a newly built house.

The brief was to create an arrangement for one of their clients who hardly spends time in the country. When he is here, he would like to have flowers or plants adorn the new place and when he is not, the arrangement can stand alone without any fresh elements. So, think dried tree branches which look like driftwood 'planted in an antique urn and the arrangement should be about six feet tall and be placed on a solid oak table in the foyer.

I was beginning to ask myself who in their right mind would wish to live in the grounds of a renowned football club. It has got to be someone connected to the club.
Whenever I discuss floral taste and preference, I tend to ask the cultural background of the client. You will be surprised at the differences of various nationalities and their takes on flowers. Every nation has a specific attitude to flowers.

When told the client is Russian, everything fell into place. My questions were all answered. Football Club, opulent interiors, masculine design and nature must feature in my installation... Have you got the answer?

No comments:

Post a Comment