Tuesday 28 June 2011

A Marriage Proposal.


My phone rang this morning when I was checking my emails and what should I hear but the voice of a dear friend who has been thinking about her daughter's marriage. The daughter has been with her boyfriend for years and typically, nothing is happening until last weekend when he proposed with a ring, and my friend is totally ecstatic!

The joys of planning a wedding is not to be dismissed. Some people might find it daunting but not M. She is a great party giver and thinks of all the little details which make it all so worth your while as a guest. The cutlery, the crystal, and most of all the flowers... have to be so right? And why shouldn't they be when every gathering is meant to be a reflection of her personality, taste and beliefs. While we engage in social media, M does it in real time and place. Nothing beats the real thing.

Amidst all that is happening today in a world filled with uncertainties, weddings represent hope and joy. They need not be expensive affairs but simply a means to getting our dearest friends to at least forget about the doom and gloom for a few months and rejoice in the future of two people who have decided to make a go at playing the roles of husband and wife. How wonderful and how admirable?

I am thinking of the dress I am going to wear...

1 comment:

  1. You are, without a doubt, a very special young woman and I am so very happy that I know you. Yes, the flowers will be fabulous. We all know there is no compromise allowed there. Thank you for the positive thoughts. It's going to be a bit of a rocky road but we will get there and yes, it will be special and beautiful and very attuned to the bride and groom. Oh how delightful. The bride and groom. Bless you N. xx

    ReplyDelete